What can I, or my child, expect to gain from completing the Davis Dyslexia Correction® program?
- the ability to recognize and correct perceptual distortions at will
- the ability to focus attention
- increased self-confidence and skill in reading and writing
- a successful method of learning that can be used throughout life
How is the Davis Program different from other programs?
Why do you say correct instead of cure?
How much improvement can be expected at the end of a five-day program?
What exactly is the “follow-up” work?
- Student Symbol Mastery Kit (dictionary, clay, charts, and other study aids)
- One week of one-on-one correction program
- Suppport Training for helper(s)
- Up to three follow-up visits with the facilitator
- Unlimited telephone and e-mail consultations
Can I speak with someone who has completed the program?
Why are there so many terms to describe learning disabilities?
Before we found you, we had spent years, and lots of money, trying many programs and strategies. Why didn’t anyone ever tell us about the Davis program?
What is the success rate?
Is there any research to support the Davis methods?
Research into various aspects of the Davis Dyslexia Correction program is ongoing; new developments and results can be found at www.dyslexia.com/experience .
Additional research comes from Davis Learning Strategies® (DLS). DLS, using slightly modified Davis Dyslexia Correction techniques, was developed for use in regular classrooms with all children from Kindergarten-Grade Three. In pilot classrooms over six years of research, results included:
…reaches all students, resulting in significantly improved sight vocabulary and comprehension compared with controls;
…helps teachers manage classrooms more effectively;
…is easy to implement and flexible;
…gifted education placement for pilot classrooms exceeded national averages.
For more information please visit www.davislearn.com.
Learn how our Belleville ON Programs work! Dyslexia, Autism, Attention Mastery, Math, Stress.
GET IN TOUCH NOW!
Explore how Desmond Smith and his staff can help you or your child. We would love to hear from you!